Saturday, October 11, 2008

Place Ministries

Today I attended a class for the church called Place Ministries. It's a course where you take a series of tests to see your personalities and your Gifts that God has given you. To help you better serve the Lord in what he wants you to do, your purpose in life. I was somewhat surprised to find out what I was. My main gift was Mercy, I have empathy and compassion and want to help people who are beaten and broken. Which isn't to far from the truth for those of you who know me, but my other gifts were administration, which means I understand the resources and goals to accomplish goals and/or plans. Service, the ability to support ministries to effectively accomplish their goal, and the gift of Giving, to give possessions and/or finances to do God's work with a cheerful and willing spirit. I wasn't surprised that I like to help, and give, but the mercy part I'm not sure about, but if that's what the good Lord has planned for me, then I open my arms.

As for my personalities, I wasn't surprised. I know that I'm an introvert. I don't like to be the life of the party and I surely don't work the room. I find a few that I know and then I head out. I'm energized by my solitude and my family. I'm intuitive, I think about the consequences, the pros and cons before I actually make the decision. A feeler, (no, I don't like to be touched), I have empathy, if something is wrong, I get a little vibe that tells me so, and I'm a judge, I like structure and order and likes to know what's suppose to happen and when, but can deal with it when it doesn't go the way it's supposed to.

It was a lot to absorb,but I got the gist of what God wants from me, now I just need Him to tell where I need to use it and how. As for where, I'm not sure about that either. It was an all day class and time got away from us and we didn't get to finish. But I walked away with an insight on what God has in store for me, and what I'm supposed to do for him. I hope that I can full fill those needs with His grace and His mercy. Amen.

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Thats cool. I am an INFJ (introverted, intuitive, feeling, judge) also. Who would have guessed. Haha.

Kaelene Reel said...

I would have never've thought you were an introvert, NEVER! Alway out going, life of the party, WOW! Way cool.