Sunday, October 26, 2008

Insubordinate

Caiti decided to start the morning off on the wrong foot. She thought she needed to pull all of her dress up stuff out of her trunk, then proceeded to "look for Barbie's clothes" in her toy box. Which meant dumping it over and kicking everything around to find whatever she was looking for. I then told her she had to clean her room. Yes, the world came to an end. Such child abuse making her clean up her mess. She whined and sniveled a little. I went back to cleaning the rest of the house, but all seemed too quiet. When I went back to check on her she had fallen asleep.

Tarren did the same thing when she was Caiti's age. They figure, if I lie here long enough, either mom will clean it, or they can go to sleep and do it later. Caiti got a reprieve, and her cousins came over and decided it would be "fun" to rearrange her room. As long as I didn't have to do it, and it got done, I didn't care one way or another.

No comments: