Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day at 28

Happy Mother's Day to all you dear mothers out there.
Being that today I turned 28 it was a double celebration in the house. It was nice that I got to sleep in. I didn't attend church just because I have been under the weather with my allergies and stated feeling it settle in my chest, I figured I needed to get some extra rest to fight this yucky stuff. Eric snuggled with me for a little while (until the 3 year old was screaming down the stairs), then he got up and made me breakfast and coffee. The kids then showered me with all sorts of things. Tarren, who is a beautiful artist (gets it from her daddy's side) drew me a picture and a card from all three of them. Trent made me coaster made out of 4x4 tile. He drew a steaming cup of coffee with the words " I love you" above the steam. It was cute. Eric admitted that he was getting me a cross necklace that I have been wanting for a long time, but I have to wait til the end of the month to get it. No big deal for me. This afternoon, we went up to my sisters and celebrated again. My mom got me lilac bush (which I'm highly allergic to, but didn't say anything because it's the thought that counts), and my sister got me some scrapbooking magazines. We had a big barbecue and just relaxed for the rest of the day. Another nice intangible gift was that since Eric is home for a few weeks, we didn't have to rush around today getting things ready for him to head back out of town. No laundry mat (with his clothes all greasy, I'm not ruining my washer), not running to the hardware store for what-nots, or mad dashing around the house to pack him. He let me read and finish my book, and kept the kids busy so I could have some "me" time. All in all, it was great. No excitement, no drama, just plain and wonderful, with a little added sun burn, but nothing that's going to kill me. I am hoping 28 is better then the last.

2 comments:

Alaina said...

Super cute pic of you and your kids! Sounds like a very nice day.

Kaelene Reel said...

It was and I hope that you had a blessed day with your lil munchkins.