Saturday, May 30, 2009

Conversations

Setting: We were driving home from my sisters house. Caitrin and Tarren were in the very back seats and Trent was in the middle row in front of Caitrin. Mind you, all three of them had been bickering with each other ALL day.

Caitrin: Hey, Trent. (no answer) TRENT!
Trenton: What!?
Caitrin: I have a water bottle and it's not yours. (with the neener neener attitude)
Trenton: Caiti, I know it's yours and I don't care.
Mom: That's enough you two. Caiti, we all know that's your water bottle, so stop trying to pick a fight.

A few minutes go by....
Caitrin: Hey, Mom. When you and me get home, I'm gonna pick a fight with YOU.
(No surprise there, the child is bull headed)
Mom: Really? I'm going to tell you right now to chalk that one to a loss.

Caiti just smiles. You know her wheels were turning.

I swear I'm going to check myself in to the 5th floor on her 13th birthday!!

No comments: