Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Conversations...

So yesterday my son came home with a flier from school in regards to an elk bugling contest for the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. Trent had expressed that he wanted to give it a try.

Me: Trent do you even know what elk bugling is?

Trent: Well.. no. What is it

Me: Elk do a call that attracts the cows so they can mate.

Now I've had the "talk" with my two older kids. We've not held back anything from them. They know what sex is, and what's to happen in puberty and all that fun stuff.
Trent gave me a dumbfounded look, and I automatically thought " oh crap, I'm gonna have to explain this"

Me: Okay.. The male elk, a bull, will bugle a call to attract the female elk, the cow, they will have sex and make a calf, a baby elk. ( I say this kind of fast in hopes that he doesn't catch all of it and maybe will walk away) (Yea... no)

Trent, with a mortified look on his face: Does that mean I have to pull down my pants and underwear? I don't want to do it then.

That's when I called Eric into the conversation.. I didn't know what else to do... heaven help me!!

2 comments:

Lacey said...

Pray he keeps that attitude about sex for a long long time.

Kaelene Reel said...

I could only hope..!!!