Sunday, February 8, 2009

Doing "Green"

Since Eric was still making a mess of my house, I thought I'd get out of the house and make a little money instead of spending it. The other day I noticed a couple of places around my neighborhood where there were lots of cans. We have always collected the cans we use, why not pick up a little around the area and collect on it. Trent proud of his findings
A proud moment for a mother: seeing her child be excited about a beer can.

Combing the fields.
We ended getting a bags worth. Not much I guess, but I think of it like finding a couple of dollar bills in the parking lot. It got the kids and me out of the house.
I wouldn't mind making this a habit, but with the weather around here, who knows what next weekend will hold, it's suppose to snow tomorrow.



No comments: