Sunday, February 15, 2009

Windows and Doors

How does the old saying go...? When ever a door closes, somewhere God opens a window. I am true believer in that. With that said, in the past year a few doors have been slammed in our faces, but God willing, windows were always opened for us. Even with 2 lay offs under our belts, God never broke his promise to me, and took care of my family, we have not gone without and we even paid off more bills. With my enduring faith I knew He never left me.

We now, as a family, stand at a very hard cross road. And both roads are going to be hard to travel bringing pain, grief, sorrow and maybe even despair. But when I became a Born Again Christian, I gave a promise to God that He could sail my ship and I would follow, even through the rough waters. With these decisions having to be made, my first reaction is to bail, run the other way and avoid all confrontation. I've done a lot of praying lately, but I don't think I have quieted my heart and mind to hear what He's saying to me. Lately, when ever someone talks to me about the storm in my life, I'm pretty much reduced to tears. We have great friends and family members backing us on what ever decision we make, even if it means pain to them or to us.

I stand firm on the belief that God is going to lead us in the right direction, even if it's not the road I'm willing to take. Some where on down the road (which ever it may be), I know that I will receive my blessing because I was a humble servant to Him. With His promise to take care of me, I still have to have faith even in this storm . So here's to a quiet heart and mind to hear His answers.

" I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you." Psalm 32:8

1 comment:

Jen said...

Kaelene, we'll be praying for you as you are at your cross roads. I have a favorite prayer to help me quiet my heart and listen. Can you send me your email and I'll email it to you? princessjennivieve@hotmail.com