Saturday, January 10, 2009

**Smart Alick**

To start from the beginning... Eric had a 10 day mandatory lay off the week before Christmas up until New Years. In the course of that time, a good friend of ours, who does a paper route all the way up in Grangeville, wanted a day or two or three off so he could spend time with his family. So Eric graciously agreed to help him out. Besides, it was a little extra income coming in during the lay off. Eric delivered 3 days at Christmas and on New Years. Shawn told us he's pay us when he got paid from the Tribune. No big deal, right? Here's what our payment was.......


.......Two Lewiston Morning Tribune paper holder 85% full of PENNIES. I can't tell you if that's $2oo dollars or not. Those suckers are HEAVY! We dumped them out in hopes that there would be a few paper dollars in the mix. Yea... no. I am so not looking forward to taking this to the bank, I won't even be able to carry it in and I'm not going to a Coin-Star, they are going to charge me. But we got a bottle of Scotch out of the mix. I guess Shawn figures we need to be drunk enough to take something like that to the bank. I think I'll tell Eric next time Shawn asks, we need to demand CASH up front.

4 comments:

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Serious, this is how he paid Eric... WOW.. I mean really WOW. At least the kids will have fun counting all those when it's time to roll them up...

Kaelene Reel said...

Yea, it's serious. The scotch was so he could get drunk in the counting. We all died laughing. It's harder then hell to keep the kids out of it.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny!! Tyler received a thousand dollars in one dollar bills for his graduation.

It is funny you wrote me today because I just figured that out when I was subbing at Whitman today!! Marci thinks he is wonderful and so polite. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list?? I would love to follow another blog.

Kaelene Reel said...

Go right ahead... I'll add you to mine as well.
Marci is probably being nice... I know how my boy is at home, I'm sure he's given her a ride a time or two or three. :)