Friday, January 2, 2009

Conversations

Setting: Last night Caitrin was throwing a fit because I wouldn't let her lay down with gum in her mouth. It was bed time and I didn't want her to fall asleep with it. Needless to say she didn't like my decision, but I held firm. "No gum". She ended up continuing to throw a fit for the next 5 or so minutes. I told her that was it and I put her to bed. I wasn't going to deal with her attitude. So this morning when I woke her up to go to school, I sat her up on my lap.
Mommy: Morning Bug. Did you sleep well last night?
She just shook her head while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.
Then she looked up at me with sad big blue eyes...and bottom lip out...
Caitrin: I adjusted my attitude for you mama.
Talk about heart breaking. At least I know she knows the meaning of attitude adjustment.

No comments: