Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kinda Lonely

Ever since Eric started at ATK this past August, I've had a hard time adjusting. In years past we've worked the same schedule and had the same days off. Economy took a turn for the worst, for the boat building business, and he was laid off. We scurried to provide the income that was abruptly lost and low and behold came ATK. They put him on nights/weekends. Totally opposite of what I work, 8-5 Mon-Friday. Needless to say, we never see each other. And now that Hunting Season has been in full swing, he feels he needs to partake in the barbaric ritual, all on his days off. Last week he took my son for three day, he came home enough to shower and hop into bed. Wake up, see me off to work, & he's gone to work before I get home. He works his weekend shift. I see him Monday morning when he gets home, I get ready for work, and he heads back up to the mountains, sans my son, as soon as I leave for work. It's now Wednesday night and he's not due to be home until tomorrow night, just to work Friday night. So will I see him, most likely not until next Tuesday, since he sleeps all day Monday. If he gets a hair, and doesn't sleep, that is the day that we all call "asshole day". No explanation is needed there. But all that aside, I miss him. It's nice to have adult conversation every now and again. I feel like he's missed so much even if it's only been two weeks. Hell, I have parent teacher conferences tomorrow for both the kids, and guess who will be elsewhere? He totally missed the election, and only the good Lord knows how he's gonna react to the results, but he didn't vote before he left so he can't bitch (right Amanda). The bed just seems too big and the flannel sheets just aren't warm enough. Here's hoping he got his ruggedness out and bagged his animal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now you know how I feel.... :) When you start feeling like you want to spend time with your in laws. CALL ME. :)