Monday, November 10, 2008

3rd Time's a Charm

Yesterday Caitrin attended yet another daycare. This is the third one in less then a year. It really doesn't help that she has really bad stranger anxiety. The first daycare was okay at first, but then they were bought out by Tendercare and the whole staff was replaced and Caiti would melt down every time we went in there because of someone new. So I searched for something new. Someone had told me of a lady who had done in home daycare. That was fine for a while, but then the screaming started back up when ever I dropper her off. When I got a chance to calm her down, she said she was scared of the lady's husband and the son. I knew that they weren't home very often, but I wasn't going to chance her for good days and bad days. So back to square one, what do I do. I then noticed that when we went to church on Sundays, she didn't throw a fit when I dropped her off in the nursery. Some one told me that the church did have a few opening. I called and low and behold, they excepted her. Now when the older two head off to school, she gets upset because she wants to go to school. When I talked to Caiti about attending Finger Prints, I told her it was "Church School". She was really excited and couldn't wait to go. Yesterday morning was the moment of truth. When we walked in, she said hi to the lady at the front desk, when we found out what room was hers, she pushed me away and started playing with the other kids. I asked her for a kiss and a hug good bye, she ran up to me, quick peck and off she went. I will admit I was a little sad, but relieved that she was going to be okay. (She looks just like my sister in this picture, same cheesy smile)
First day at "Church School".
She told me she was excited to learn about Jesus. Since she is three they will begin a program called Christian Ed. Teaching her the stories of the bible and values.

When I picked her up from my sisters, (Jonnie picks her up when she gets off work at 1:30, so she's not in daycare all day), I asked Caiti if she had a fun day with all her new teachers and friends. She said yes, but didn't want to go back. I think it's was overwhelming and over stimulating for her, since at the in home daycare, they just plopped her down in front of a TV.
She goes again on Friday, so we'll see if the screaming continues, but I some how doubt it will.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trader......

Kaelene Reel said...

Hey, you're still in the cards, don't give up hope yet. :)