Monday, January 24, 2011

Dress Rehearsal

Friday night was dress rehearsal for all the girls in the recital. I figured it would be the moment of truth for Caitirn. As soon as she saw the stage, she clutched to my leg with a death grip. I had to step back and make her spread her wings...
She just stood there, not wanting to let go of her instructor, Jamie.

Waiting was the hardest....

I wasn't sure if she saw me taking pictures, but I think this looks says it all...

Finally it's her groups turn to practice...
Wait for it...
There she goes...my heart broke into a million pieces...

It took all I had to not run up on stage and grab her. I wanted to hold her, tell her I loved her, I was so proud of her for even getting up on the stage, and she'd never have to do it again. But what does that teach her??

The owner of the studio, Holly, tried to get her to loosen up, it was a no go.

Then here she is with her sister and cousins after she was all done. All giggles and smiles. I didn't stick around for Tarren's rehearsal, I wanted to be surprised.

No comments: