Thursday, July 16, 2009

Conversations

Setting: We were in the car listening to the radio. The song Life is a Highway, by Tom Cochrane came on. At this particular time, I didn't know that it was Tom Cochrane who sang it.
I saw Trent staring at the radio in disgust.

Mom: Hey, what's your problem?
Trent: They're singing this song wrong.

It took me a minute to understand what he was talking about. He has grown up with the Disney movie CARS, in which Rascal Flats (sp?) sings the song, so it didn't sound quite right, to him.

Mom: Oh. Umm... This is the original song. The first time the song came out. Long before you were born. Rascal Flats re sang it so they could play it for the movie.
Trent: They still aren't singing it right. Who is it?
Mom: You know, bud, I'm not sure. But I can find out later today.
Trent: It's probably a bunch of senior psychopaths.
Mom: Senior psychopaths, huh?
Trent: Yea, a bunch of old people.

I just shook my head...

1 comment:

Alaina said...

Yay you're back!! It is so funny what kids come up with.

From a senior psychopath :)