Saturday, July 5, 2008

Popping my blog cherry



Well, here I go, I'm popping my blog cherry. I'm not real sure what or how I'm suppose to do all this, but I've been spying on other people and I think I have a good idea. Soooo.... here goes nothing.

Last night was the 4th. We had a great time spending it with the Long's. We had an awesome BBQ of chichen and steak, salad with delicious but expensive cheese balls, lots of watermelon, and the guys chowed all the shrimp. My poor kid sat patiently outside waiting for the sun to somewhat set. Apparently my children have no fear of fire or cars for that matter. I sat vigalant with my phone in hand ready to call 911. But no hospital run was in order, so that made the night all that much better. After the guys had a pyro fix we ventured off to Clarkston to a friend of the Long's and we sat in their front yard waiting for the big show in the sky. While waiting, the kids played with 36" sparklers and Eric and Justin filled their pyro needs by lighting the rest of the stash. This was Caiti's first year seeing fireworks, a little nervous as first, not knowing if I was going to have to sedate her or not, but she seemed to like seeing all the pretty sparkles in the sky. Growing impatient, my oldest, Tarren fell asleep for a little bit, and my son snuggled with me, which he never does since his feet and mouth never stop moving. But the show comenced and only lasted 12 short minutes. Finally the night ended and I am trying to recoop from all the sleep that I lost. So we'll chalk this to another 4th down and a good one at that.

1 comment:

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

That pic of Tarren and Caiti cracks me up. They are clinging to each other. :) And I must say your monkey's look a bit grumpy. :) Glad you have a blog, sometimes it can make for good therapy.