Monday, March 8, 2010

Highlights

I have been promising Tarren a haircut for a while. Time just flies by and I didn't realize that her hair was that bad with major dead ends. She has been begging for highlights since her birthday back in October.I was kind of torn at the decision... Is she too young? Eric and I talked it over and decided that she's a very responsible girl, and does a lot for us in helping around the house. She deserves to be rewarded. She knew of the haircut, but the highlights were a surprise to her. She was shocked. I asked her how she wanted her hair, if she wanted bangs, thick or thin chunks? She didn't know what the heck she wanted.

I informed the lady that I didn't want thick chunks in her hair, a weave would suit her just fine. I didn't want her first highlights to look totally hoaky. Then Tarren asked me is she could have bangs. I, for the most part, don't do bangs with the girls, it's one less thing for me to deal with. But she's old enough to make some decisions in regards to her body/hair, and she's well old enough to take care of her own hair.


And the final result is.......................................

Needless to say, she was very excited on how her hair turned out. Dad claims that she looks just a little bit older, which saddens him.

3 comments:

Jen said...

cute!

Lacey said...

I agree, very flattering!!! I really like the bangs. And what a fun girly treat!

Kaelene Reel said...

She hasn't had bangs since she was in the 1st grade, and that was because she cut them herself. It's sad to see them grow up so fast.