Thursday, October 6, 2011

Good News and Good Company

Life with three kids is forever busy, and I realized that it's been forever since I last blogged.  Summer has come and gone, and now fall is vastly approaching.  I'm hoping with that, things will greatly slow down.

These past few weeks have been filled with lots of joy and blessings.

Last week my little sister, Missy, came up from Boise to celebrate my youngest neices'  third birthday, and my other little sister, Jenni, drove over from the Tri-Cities to join in the festivities.  I also got to meet Jenni's daughter, Mataya, for the first time. There were about five kids under the age of five.  Once the clock struck 9pm, the tears started to flow, Jonnie and I knew it was bed time and ditched right out of there. 

Earlier the same day of the birthday party, my mom's boyfriend George, proposed to her.  So my mom will be getting married and I will once again have a step-dad. I have nothing ill to say about George.  He's a wonderful man and it seems that he has brought my mother back to a life that we all thought was gone.  He makes her happy and has graciously accepted 5 rogue kids as his grand kids. 

A few days later, we found out that Eric's sister, Chaney, and her husband are finally expecting!  They have been trying for so many frustrating years.  They've have gone with the whole fertility circus, just to be let down every month.  None of us were supposed to know but Eric's mom was too excited she had to tell everyone. Chris and Chaney were a little scared and didn't want to say much until their ultra sound two days ago.  Low and behold, they found 2 little beans in her belly! We are going to be graced with another set of twins for Eric's family hopefully sometime in May.  Everyone is over the moon!!  I honestly can't wait!  This will make grand baby 18 & 19 for the Reel Family...

Six years ago this past September was the last time I got to see my grandparents from my mother's side.  They live in a travel trailer and go all over the place.  A small family fall out had occurred and they just avoided this side of the states.  When my sister and I pushed for amends, shortly afterwards we found out my grandmother had cancer.  If that doesn't make a quick shove to forgiveness, I'm not sure what does. After her surgery and her getting used to a different life style, my grandparents agreed to head out this way.  They arrived this week and we've spent every night at my mom's house playing catch up.  It's amazing the traits and similarities that are found.  Though my son favors Eric's looks, he favors my grandmothers habits.  When they left six years ago, I had just found out I was pregnant with Caitrin.  They hadn't meet her yet.  The older four always talked about them, so when Caiti walked into my mom's house, she ran right up to my grandma, and said "HI, GRANDMA!! I missed you!!"  It was the cutest thing.  We are hoping the weather will cooperate this weekend and have a great big family barbecue. 

I'm also hoping that I can find a little more me time and blog more often...

No comments: