Monday, May 23, 2011

Instant gratification

Back at the beginning of the month, Eric had said that he wanted to go to Home Depot to look at what they had for our garden.  Up until this point we had only tilled under the area we wanted to plant in and fertilized it.  We had discussed what various plants we wanted and were they would fit best. When we got there I was grabbing plants left and right, throwing them in the cart. "I want these, and these, and ohh some of those!!"  He was putting them back on the shelves as fast as I was tossing them in the cart.  He had to explain to me what his intentions were, which was all seeds, no starts. 
Me "Umm.. NO.  I need starts" 
Eric "Why?"
Me "I need instant gratifications.  I need to SEE it all"
Needless to say I had a small baby tantrum in the Home Depot Garden Department because I wanted to see greenery.  After he brought me back to reality, he gave me his reasoning as to why it all had to be seeds, the price.  It's quite a cheaper to purchase the seeds than the plant starts.  Fine, I give in. 
So, on the 7th of May, Eric planted my garden all from seeds, minus the tomatoes and strawberries (I wouldn't budge on those).  Six days later this is what I got....

 Thai Radishes
 Spinach
 Corn
 Sugar Snap Peas
 My strawberries already have green heads on them!!

Since then my carrots, chives, bell pepper, jalapeno peppers have all sprung up as well. 

When one of your weakness's is patience, God gives you plenty of opportunities to practice it.  I am now extremely grateful for the wonderful garden that I have in bloom.  I just can't wait until they all come to fruition..

No comments: