Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Tossing around the idea..

With our anniversary coming up in a couple of weeks, it got me thinking of renewing our vows. We were planning on doing it for our 10th, but with Eric being laid off, money was on the tighter side. We decided to do it for our 15th. I know that it's still three years off, but I could get some planning done ahead of time, right?

*thinking of the Lewis-Clark Hotel... have to make sure it has AC since it will be done at the end of July
*I don't want a "wedding cake"
*I'm thinking of yellow and orange (for summer) Eric isn't liking it, and I don't look good in yellow.. so subject to change
*I really like Calla Lilies-trying to incorporate those into a bouquet
*I don't want a "wedding dress" Just a simple summer dress
*I have three people in mind to officiate the vows
*not sure what kind of food to have... a meal? or horsd'oeuvers? (sp?)
*How big to I make the guest list?

Any suggestions would be helpful. Eric and I didn't do the whole wedding thing, the court house seemed like a good idea at the time. I'm thinking of getting a notebook and just scribbling ideas for the next couple of years.
Honestly, I have no clue what I'm doing.......

5 comments:

Jen said...

My sister planned my whole wedding. I gave her a rough idea and she did all the details. It was fabulous. I showed up on my wedding day and just got to enjoy everything.

Think your sister would be up for that? :)

Jen said...

PS. Did you get your prize? I sent it to your mamareel yahoo acct.

Kaelene Reel said...

Jen, I haven't checked that account in a while, but I will. And as for my sister, we have have different ideas when it comes to things like that. She thinks my pink hair, nose ring and tattoo are this shy from cardinal sins. But I still love her. ;-)

Tiffiny said...

The L-C Hotel is gorgeous, but NOT air-conditioned. A friend had her wedding reception there in July about three years ago and it was so frickin' hot! But it was lovely, especially outdoors in the shade :)

Don't use that florist downtown on Main across from US Bank...I can't remember if it's called Hills? Maybe. Anyway, we had them do our wedding flowers and they didn't do any of them the way I wanted! I was mad...my bouquet still turned out alright, but everything else was NOT.

Most of all...have fun and don't get too caught up in the details!

Kaelene Reel said...

Thanks Tiffiny for the heads up. Dang it, I need AC being that it's gonna be at the end of July. On the up side, I still have a few more years to figure it all out.