Monday, November 30, 2009

Are we really that bad?

Thursday night we went to Eric's oldest sister's house to have our 3rd Thanksgiving meal of the day. Eric's sister has been known for her fine taste in alcohol and likes to have a good time. So needless to say, I gorged myself with not only turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and pumpkin pie, I partook in the drinking festivities as well( I don't do it very often, so it doesn't take much for me to be walking on my lips). Since Eric gets along with this said sister, we ended up staying there until 2am just reminiscing of the "good ol' days".
I knew that my sister wanted to do the Black Friday thing, and was really hoping at that point that she would have forgotten to set her alarm. That didn't happen. She called me at 4:15am and begged me to take her to JC Penny's. Though I felt like throwing up the whole entire time, I humored her. I only spent $40. I told her that I wasn't going to take her anywhere else, she'd have to drag her husband to do whatever else she needed to do... I was in no condition to be around crowds, afraid of loosing my dinner from the night before.
When I got home, I noticed that the girls were awake. I begged Tarren to appease Caiti, make her a bowl of cereal, let her watch whatever she wanted.. I didn't care right then, I just wanted to go back to bed.
Thinking I was on the home stretch of entering the deep sleep zone, I heard a blood curdling "MOM!!!" from the top of the stairs.
With my head buried in my pillow, I yelled "WHAT!?"
" Is it Amy Day?" (meaning does she go to daycare)
My head still buried "NO!"
" Sooo... that means I have to spend ALL day with you and Dad?" (I kid you not, she emphasized "ALL")
I then popped my head out of the pillow and looked at Eric. He had his head buried because he was laughing so hard.
Gritting my teeth I replied "Is there a problem with that?"
Sensing my tone, I think she adjusted hers. "Why are you so angry mom?"
Still gritting..."Do you have a problem staying with Mom and Dad?"
Making herself sound so innocent and sweet "No, I just don't know why you are so angry?"

I didn't get to go back to sleep right then, I had to wait until the afternoon to steal a nap.

No comments: